Search This Blog

Friday 11 March 2011

Cilla - Day 3







Cilla - decided to take a simpler approach with her today.  Her ground work is almost impeccable and I get the feeling this may have been over emphasised with her and she has taken the opportunity to dump her ridden work. H and I took a few turns each at the ground work and she responded well and moved her feet confidently and with a better purpose (I think she's got over her journey). We went back to a one rein start and she started off nice and soft, she got stuck a few times as we moved further from the gate but it was only a case of giving her a new direction to move off in - basically we did a zig-zag until we ended up at the far end of the arena (I don't do too much one rein stuff past their second summer, so it was interesting getting my own co ordination quick enough to catch the changes in her, there's probably a lesson on there for me somewhere . . .) it ended well, if a little heavy, with a straight trot around the arena and a few canter steps. I feel that at this point it's as well to let her find her feet in the new environment without compounding any of her previous experiences . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment